Shop the post:
Ever fall in love with a city and then forget just how special it is until years pass? That’s kind of what’s been happening with me lately and my New Orleans. It’s where I was born and raised and quite honestly, until the past few years, I had kind of stopped going to visit. Hurricane Katrina changed so much of the city for me at the time and it just didn’t feel like the city from my childhood. I think it was mostly just a case of it being too sad to go and see all the damage that had happened as a result.
But, thankfully, my old hometown finally feels back to the way I remember it these days and I’ve been visiting just about every week for one thing or another.
There are so many fun things to do here right now!
If you’re visiting soon, you’ve picked the perfect time of year to take in the sights.
Here are a few things to do and check out this month while you’re here:
1. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a jazz cruise
2. Ride the streetcar and explore the city
3. Take a night bike tour on candy-colored LED lit-up bikes with music
4. Sample all the different King Cakes available around the city
5. Get your 80’s on and go see Duran Duran on the 19th or 20th at the Fillmore
6. Catch a night Mardi Gras parade with the locals
7. Stroll around Royal Street, then Rent Blue Bikes and ride to City Park. Follow with dinner out.
Honestly, there is really so much to see and do around the area and these are only a few of them!
If you can, I really encourage you to get out and visit. I promise, you’ll fall in love with my hometown as much as I have!
(Photography by Alyssa Fisher Photo)
Top || Skirt || Similar Bag || Shoes || Similar hat
*Post may contain affiliate links. This means that I may make a small commission if you purchase through these links. I only feature products and brands on my site that I truly love and use. Thank you for supporting this blog and the brands that make it possible.