Hey friends! I thought it might be kinda fun to share with you the fun goodies I got for my birthday this week! Hope it doesn’t come off too “braggy”, but I’ve had such a great week with really thoughtful gifts from friends and family so I’m taking a stab that you might enjoy seeing them. 😉
1. Anthropologie wrap sweater……my sister and I both ended up walking out of the store with one of these. I think it’s made for lounging around the house, but heck if I didn’t wear it out with some jeans and sneakers yesterday while running errands! I love it! I wore it untied and love the flowy look over a simple tunic.
2. Kendra Scott Rayne Necklace…. I mentioned in my last post about how stoked I was to find out that Kendra Scott offers a 50% discount off of one item on your birthday! All you have to do is show them your ID on your actual birthday, and you are in! After much debate with my mom and sister, I went with the ivory pearl Rayne. I get SO much wear out of the pink one I got last summer, and I know this one will be the same.
3. Miss Dior…Ok, this is kind of embarrasing to admit, but I ran out of my last fragrance probably nine or so months ago and just never would bite the bullet and go pick up another bottle. But, I got one of those fragrance catalogs in the mail a while back and it had a sample of the Miss Dior and I loved it. I used to work at the Chanel makeup counter back in the day, so my go-to favorite was always Chance. But, I figured I just turned another year older, so I’m marking it with a new scent! And thanks to the giftcard from my sister in law, I’m now back to smelling AMAZING! Ha!
4. The JCrew Lilac Flannel Blouse….honestly, I’m not sure how I got lucky enough to walk into this purchase. It was the only one in the store and in my size. It certainly MUST have been my birthday! 🙂
5. Pink Pocketed Scarf….eeek, this scarf!! Not too long ago, Anthropologie had an amazing chunky ivory pocketed scarf that I oogled over for atleast five days in a row. Sadly, I missed out on it. But, browsing through Francesca’s I found a really cute grey version(similar here), which sadly, I cannot find online. So, then I started looking online for something similar for you guys and stumbled on this pink one. So, now I have both grey and pink pocketed scarves. (That last one I blame directly on you guys. 🙂 )
6. Purse makeup bag….My small daily makeup bag was shot….like, dead. I didn’t want anything too fancy as I can already foresee what a mess the inside will be in no time. Found this one at Ulta and the size is perfect. (BTW, have you ever tried out the Brow Bar services at Ulta? I walked out with unplanned perfect brows with no appointment. And seriously, I’m not quite sure how I EVER got along before I discovered brow tinting. Holy smokes, what a difference it makes.)
7. Urban Decay 24/7 Perversion eyeliner…..pretty sure I’ve been on the hunt since about 1995 for an eyeliner that I can use in my waterline that won’t run or smear. Ugh….who knew the perfect eyeliner was so elusive? The girl who did my brows swore by this one from Urban Decay. I went home with it. Get back to you on how it goes. Fingers crossed.
8. Sidekick Book light…..hubby got this for me….honestly, I think it was a gift more for himself than me, but I’ll let it slide. I’m a reader at night just before bed. But, I like my books old school, where I can flip through the pages and that requires turning on a lamp. Apparently, this disturbs his beauty sleep. So, this is his solution to the nightly issue. Works really well too and not so cumbersome that you don’t want to be bothered with it. (By the way, my sweet hubby definitely knows the way to this girl’s heart. Sure, he could have picked out something amazing for me on his own, but he knows the real way to my heart is to send me off with a few Benjamins in my wallet to spend the afternoon shopping with my mom and sister. Ha! Ahhh…the perfect gift. )
9. Francesca’s Pastel Plaid Blouse…..sure wish this one photographed better. It’s really cute in person. Trust me on it. Going to go great with my grey pocketed scarf too!
10. Mint Fur Studio Throw….My sister got this one for me. The picture makes it look much brighter than it really is. It’s actually a really pretty mellow seafoam color and SO dang soft and comfy. Been throwing it over my lap while I’m working on the computer in my office.
11. Profiles Spa Nail Dryer….ok, so I would say that about 9.5 times out of 10, as we are about to head out for blog photos, I’m rushing to put on a coat of nail polish just as we’re walking out the door. The normal routine is to crank up the A/C in the car to full blast and try to balance the wheel AND keep the nails smudge free(rarely happens!). So, I had to smile when I opened this gift from my mom. She knows me well! Cheers to perfectly polished nails!
Hey, have you seen the new active line from Kate Spade?! Eek!! So fantastic!!
And I’ll leave you with THIS…..hope it made you smile too. Can’t you just hear him saying it? Ha!
Have a great afternoon, you guys! Thanks so much for sticking out this long winded post with me!